This was my first (and definitely not my last) quinceanera photoshoot at Waverly Place in Cary, NC. This was also the first time I was photobombed (see below). This beautiful young lady’s mom was my daughter’s preschool teacher which made this shoot even more special.
Archive for 'Family Photographer'
- Start with hydrated skin. Use a non-greasy lightweight moisturizer. Don’t use a moisturizer with SPF, SPF sits on the skin surface and can cause an unwanted shine. Your makeup will go on better if your skin is well moisturized. Use your favorite moisturizer without SPF that works for your skin type.
- Make sure your skin is matte. What this means is you don’t want your skin to look reflective or shiny. Shiny skin is not desirable in photography. It can make you look like you have oily skin, and it can reflect light creating hot spots on the face, which is very distracting. If you have oily skin you can use mattifiers or primers to absorb oil and prevent shine. Benefit’s Porefessional is a great product to try.
- No shimmer, glitter or shiny makeup products. Again, we do not want shine.
- Give yourself flawless skin. Use a fuller coverage foundation, with concealer and powder. You want to try and cover any redness or discoloration on the skin. Conceal dark circles if you have them, and apply concealer around your nose and on your laugh lines. Use a minimal amount of concealer and blend well. Of course, go for a matte finish. If you have great, even skin you can use a lighter product like Make Up For Ever’s Water Blend Face and Body Foundation. It evens out the skin and looks and feels natural. If you need more coverage, try Make Up Forever’s Ultra HD Foundation. Use powder on your forehead, nose and chin.
- You’re going to need more color in your face than you think. You don’t want to look washed out. Apply more blush and mascara than usual. Enhance your brows. Eyebrows add structure to the eye. A fuller brow makes your face look younger and fresher, but don’t overdo it. Take a selfie so you can check your makeup before the shoot to make sure your features stand out.
- Define your eyes. You will be connecting with my lens and your eyes will be the main focus of your photos. Use eyeliner on your top and bottom lash line. Use 3 eyeshadow colors. Use a neutral shadow over the lid, a darker shadow in the crease and a highlighter at the inner corner and on the brow bone.
- Sweep bronzer over the jawline, temples, sides of the nose and just under the cheekbones. Use a natural looking blush to add tone and dimension to the face. Blend blend blend.
- It is important to have a lip that is balanced, saturated and symmetrical.
Here are some links to my favorite makeup products for photoshoots.
To view my website, click the link below
Photography by Stephanie Kay
This little dude was sleeping like a baby! This photo session took place in the client’s home. I used natural light coming in from a window that was camera left.
Photography by Stephanie Kay is a professional photographer who works with newborns, children, high school seniors and families. I work in Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Wake Forest, Holly Springs, and Raleigh in the Triangle area and in Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Pine Knolls Shores, Morehead City and Newport on the Crystal Coast.
Visit our website by clicking here:
It was my absolute pleasure to photograph this awesome group of 5th grade girls in Park West Village in Morrisville this month. It was FUN. From the styling to the posing, these gorgeous girls brought their A-Game.
Photography by Stephanie Kay is a professional photographer serving Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs and Raleigh in the Triangle area and Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Pine Knolls Shores, Morehead City, Newport and Beaufort on the Crystal Coast.
Visit our website by clicking here:
I am very excited about my new logo! Everyone thinks it is “SO ME” and I guess I can see how they would say that. It is never too early to book your summer photoshoot in Atlantic Beach, Pine Knolls Shores or Emerald Isle!
We don’t get too much snow in this part of North Carolina, so when it does snow it is worth taking out the good camera.
I achieved this look by specific settings on my camera. I like how some of the flakes are in focus and some are part of the bokeh. These were shot in Cary, NC. In the Triangle area, I photograph in Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs, Raleigh and Durham. I also photograph at the beach in Atlantic Beach, Pine Knolls Shores, and Emerald Isle on the Crystal Coast. I also photograph in Morehead City, Newport and Beaufort in Carteret County.
See more of my work here:
I love photographing Tweens.
This photoshoot was at American Tobacco Campus in Durham. I love her style and the mint green tips of her hair.
Photography by Stephanie Kay is a natural-light photographer. I photograph on-location in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Apex, Morrisville and Holly Springs in the Triangle area and Atlantic Beach, Pine Knolls Shores, Emerald Isle, Morehead City, Beaufort and Newport on the Crystal Coast/Carteret County.
See more of my work here:
I love lights in the background of my photos. And I love this high school senior’s highlights and the outfit she chose for her senior pictures.
I shot this in Lafayette Village in Raleigh, NC.
I am a professional photographer who photographs in the Triangle area and the Crystal Coast. I photograph in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Apex, Morrisville, and Holly Springs in the Triangle area. On the Crystal Coast, I photograph in Atlantic Beach, Pine Knolls Shores, Emerald Isle, Morehead City, Beaufort and Newport.
Photography by Stephanie Kay is a licensed and professional photography business and provides digital images as well as print packages to her customers.
This is my best friend and her family at the Oceanana Pier in Atlantic Beach, NC. The Pier is a popular spot for photos because it adds an architectural element and cool colors to contrast with the ocean. This was a windy day and the ocean was really kicking up. This made for a really great background.
I photograph in Atlantic Beach, Pine Knolls Shores and Emerald Isle on the beaches of the glorious Crystal Coast. I also photograph in Morehead City, Newport and Beaufort along the Intracoastal Waterway.
Click here to see more of my work:
The young man pictured in these engagement photos is the son of my daughter’s second grade teacher. These two have been together since middle school! They separated (physically – not a break up) for a short period of time when they went to college, then he ended up transferring so he could be with her.
This photoshoot was in Raleigh at Historic Oak View Park. I photograph on-location in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Morrisville, Apex and Holly Springs in the Triangle area and Atlantic Beach, Pine Knolls Shores, Emerald Isle, Morehead City, Beaufort and Newport in the Crystal Coast/Carteret County.
Click here to see more of my work